Let’s talk for a few about Gratitude and Happiness.
Why is gratitude an important part of every day life?
Gratitude is the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
I’m sure many of you will look at that work thankful and automatically think of thanksgiving. Why do most of us save that for one day a year?
We are running an experiment is showing gratitude, thankfulness and appreciation.
Here are some ideas on how to participate:
- During evening meals, write down something you are grateful or thankful for each day in a journal.
- Write a list of things you like about someone else and share it as a demonstration of appreciation.
- Share pictures daily of something each day you are thankful for.
- Pay it forward
- Listen to others
- Write down one sentence a day for what you are grateful for in yourself
Let’s use the hashtag #inspirationalgratitude for social media posts so we can all inspire others to join along.
Where does happiness tag into all this?
“People who regularly practice gratitude by taking time to notice and reflect upon the things they’re thankful for experience more positive emotions, feel more alive, sleep better, express more compassion and kindness, and even have stronger immune system.” A favorite quote from Happify in an article titled, The Science Behind Gratitude.
The basic thing we are doing in our daily expressions in gratitude is generating a Happy Journal. Happiness jounaling is a great way to express our gratitude and our thanks.
There are many blogs that have prompts to get you going and to start you on your way!
- Journal Buddies
- Daring to Live Fully
- Thought Catalog
- Facebook groups
- Twitter hashtags and more
- Start a blog, vlog, using Instgram, SnapChat and more!
There are no limits to the how you share your gratitude and happiness. It doesn’t even need to be daily, even once a month is a great place to start. Give yourself 5 minutes. That’s all it will take.
Photo provided by heartistic.jess on Intragram
What’s your #inspirationalgratitude today?